Applications are now being accepted for the 2020-2021 school year. Once accepted, student athletes may remain at their current school or they may choose to become full-time Cariboo Hill students.
A unique partnership with SFU enables the Burnaby School District to provide high performance field lacrosse training with academic support through a holistic approach committed to physical, mental, cognitive and emotional development.
- Fullfills academic requirements (2 courses for credit)
- Quality year-round training
- Supervised by Matthew Sobey, SFU Lacrosse Head Coach
- Hosted at Simon Fraser University, Burnaby Mountain Campus
- Two lacrosse classes every other day in the morning based on a two-week class rotation schedule (Week 1: Tue / Thurs and Week 2: Mon / Wed / Fri)
- Classes will consist of on-field lacrosse technical skill development, speed, strength and power training, and classroom instruction in areas such as game analysis, nutrition, sport psychology and other areas related to the science of sport and training
- Compete in structured intra-squad scrimmages to gain a better understanding of different systems of play
- Academy structure is based on men’s field lacrosse
- Open to students in grades 8-12
- Student in good standing
- Deposit: $235 (Due August 1)
- Monthly Fee: $235/month x 9 months (includes training apparel)
- Students are responsible for their own equipment and footwear
For more information please contact Cariboo Hill Secondary Principal, Andy Chin at email@example.com